Pregnancy Medical Index
Prenatal tests ¦ Fetal Measurements Growth Charts ¦ 12 Week NT Scan
Here are some of the more common words, terms and abbreviations you may come across when you read your notes, or may hear people talking about.
What are the Follicular Phase, Ovulatory Phase, Luteal Phase and their effect on fertility.
Basal Body Temperature Chart (BBT) - Keep a chart to see your most fertile days.
Prenatal tests Schedule Timeline CalculatorPrenatal testing can help you to monitor your baby's growth and development and will also inform you of any possible complications that your baby might be facing. Some prenatal tests are routinely performed on all pregnant women, while others are performed in special cases or upon request.
Find out what these Prenatal tests are and when they are carried out
Ultrasound Fetal Measurements - Fetus Growth ChartsWhen you look at your scan/medical notes you may know that the length of your baby, from top of the head to the 'butt' is CRL [Crown-Rump Length], but what are MSD, BPD, OFD, HC, AC, FL and HL measurements. What do they mean, are they OK, and why do they do these measurements ?
Gestation Age Calculator - Enter scan measurements to see Gestation Age in weeks
Sonogram or Ultrasound ExaminationsFirst Trimester Scans Week by Week
- What can you see in those early scans?
12 Week Scans fetal nuchal translucency test - NT Scan
Level II Scan - Anatomy, Anomaly or Targeted scan
What is an ultrasound scan? What happens during an ultrasound examination?
Who will do the scan? Why do I need an ultrasound scan? When are scans usually carried out?
What are Standard ultrasound 2D, Three dimensional 3D, 4D, Doppler, Echocardiograph or Transvaginal ultrasounds?
Examples of ultrasonography you may see used during your pregnancy.
amniocentesis procedure involves guiding a thin needle through the mother's abdomen and into the amniotic sac, a small amount of amniotic fluid that surrounds the fetus is removed for testing.
Chorionic Villus Sampling (CVS) is a specialized alternative test to amniocentesis. It involves removing a small amount of tissue called the chorionic villi, which is located on the outside of the fetal gestational sac and will later become the placenta.
What is Pre-eclampsia?
Some swelling is normal in pregnancy but it should prompt a woman to have her blood pressure and urine checked. Swelling of the ankles is common in pregnancy and is usually nothing to worry about, but it can be a feature of pre-eclampsia.
The kick count is an easy, non-invasive test that you can do at home to check your baby's well being. The idea is to be sure he or she is moving around enough.
Print out a Fetal kick count chart to record your baby's movements.
- Medical Information Card
- Fill out the form, Print out and Keep with you.
During pregnancy, its a good idea to carry your basic medical information.
Use this form to generate a medical summary card that you can print and keep with you in case you need medical aid. You will have your medical info and contact numbers ready when you need them.
- Smoking in pregnancy ? Drinking alcohol in pregnancy ?
- Your pregnancy gives you a special reason to quit. - Quit smoking now help and advice.
- By quitting, you protect your baby's health and your own.
- If a woman is smoking during pregnancy, it is never too late for her to stop.
- The sooner a woman stops smoking, the better it will be for both her baby and herself.
- Say No thank-you to alcoholic drinks while pregnant.
- It is not only your health and baby's that improves, your bank balance will also.
- Use the Cigarettes and Alcohol cost Calculator to see what you could save by quitting.
- This could be spent on some quality time together or some of the baby goods you need.